Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gorgeous Freebie from Just Inklined!!!

I'm so in love with the beautiful flowers created by Just inklined but this week's freebie is gorgeous and I couldn't wait to color it when I got it yesterday.  Don't you agree?":

I really like the way this turned out.  I have been wanting to use one of my Spellbinder Impressabilities with my airbrush and I think it turned out really elegant.  I used three different copics to get the color I wanted to match the peony.
The peony was colored with copic markers in dusty mauve tones.  That is a favorite color of mine, it isn't pink and it isn't brown but just a nice pretty color.  Because I didn't want to cover up too much of my beautiful background.I didn't add any other layers except the die cut frame.
I forgot to mention I used a Sweet Stamps die  for the border around the peony and cut it "out of the box" on the lower half to allow the  leaves to be outside of the frame.
I added a row of  lace crochet ribbon under the flower frame and added a Flower name tag in the lower right corner which I ran the ribbon through the slot ends of the tag and by using a wider ribbon than the slot you get a cute little puckered end you don't have to tie.
Hope you enjoyed this beautiful flower and if you want one for your self just go to the Just Inklined store and sign up for the Weekly Newsletter and you can have this and aother gorgeous freebie every week.

Thanks for stopping by and  have a great week-end, gotta go watch the Nebraska ball game.

Cathy

3 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely card Cathy, with lots of little details...and of course the image is gorgeous! Just a note, your blog link is incorrect on the Just Inkline site.
Joyce xx

Jeni said...

This is gorgeous Cathy! Love this new peony image. ~jeni :)

Diane said...

This is a fabulously beautiful card, Cathy and the colouing is wonderful!
Diane x