Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Wednesday addiction--SCS Sketch Challenge LOL

I have found I really love playing the SCS Sketch Challenge, it is usually a challenge and I need lots of help with my card creation.. I used a wonderful fall image from Karen's Doodles, it is a freebie this week and it is gorgeous:

This was so much fun to color and I enjoyed the sketch for this week at SplitCoast Stampers.  I tied the ribbon where I could have added a sentiment and added one of my favorite paper flowers that only look hard to make,  I have gotten pretty fast at making them from scratch,  LOL  I R trainable!!!
I love the colors of fall and pumpkins are fun to color so this was a very relaxing card to make. I probably could have done a little more with the lower beige strip which I thought about punching a border but I still wanted the image to be the main focal point of the card.
I don't have too many things going on this week so I thought it would be fun to play the challenge again.  3 weeks in a row, I am on a roll.

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits and comments.

Have a great day!!

Cathy

9 comments:

Renkata said...

wow Really very gorgeous card. Love the layout.

Jeni said...

Fabulous card Cathy! Love the flower. (Tutorial please)Lol ~jeni :)

jkreucher said...

Oh Cathy! this is stunning.. I just picked up this amazing image... Hope I can do it justice like this beauty. your coloring is steller! Love it my friend!
Hugs
Judy

Joey said...

Hi Cathy

this is gorgeous, your colourwork is just so perfect! thanks for joining us at karens doodles.

Joey.x

shulsart said...

Cathy, this is just beautiful. I love how you kept the embellishments down to let Karen's fabulous image take center stage. You have colored it so perfectly. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Karen's Doodles challenge blog.

Anonymous said...

oh wauw what a fantastic fall card. Love everything about it. What a beautiful rose and you have colored the image just perfect.
Fantastic take on this weeks challenge.
Thank you so much for joining us at Karens Doodles this week.
Good luck.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Anne said...

Hi Cathy
This is so perfect, fantastic colourwork and a great layout to boot
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles
Anne x

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful card. Love that image..

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! Love the stripey paper, such pretty colors!
Thanks so much for playing along at Karens Doodles this week! Hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot