Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just Because I had time---Vintage Santa

I love to make Vintage Christmas cards and I decided it was high time I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Santa stamps I bought last year and never used...What's up with that!!!???!!!  Here is what I created:

I stamped, yeah, I know I haven't used a real stamp except for the Riley and Company Stamps for ages, I just really love the digital stamps.  I stamped with momento Tuxedo Black ink on white cs.  The ijmage was colored with copic markers and the beard, hat, and mustache were overcolored with white gel pen. 
The kraft panel was embossed with the script folder which I love for vintage cards.  I then sponged all edges with distress ink and added them to a cracked paint look dp from A Country Christmas  that has no other brand on it, so it had to come from either Hobby lobby or Michael's.
I tied a red checked ribbon onto a Christmas Tree button and three buttons.  What do you think am I getting started too early on cards?  NAH!!!
It was fun to play and not have a real purpose.  Maybe I will look to see if there are any challegnes it might fit. It was just nice to relax and color with no specific challenge or purpose except to create a nice card.
Have a great day.

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate each and everyone of you.

Cathy

4 comments:

CraftyC said...

Love your vintage card Cathy,a lovely traditional image!
Clairexx

Jeni said...

Lovely vintage Santa! Can't believe you had him for a year and didn't use him. Gorgeous card ~jeni :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

gorgeous in every way!!!!!
so vintage!!!!
tfs:)

Marlene said...

Wow - BEAUTIFUL!!