Monday, January 26, 2009

Elegant Happiness Butterfly

I love the Happiness plate from Artistic Outpost. I usually color in all of the butterfly detail but tonight I decided to try for a monochromatic elegant look. I think I succeeded.



I stamped the learn how to fly butterfly stamp using white craft ink from Stampin Up on craft cardstock. I stamped the background small detail stamp in white craft ink as well. I then sponged the edges with the white craft ink. I let that dry for about 15 minutes. I always forget that step and usually mess up my white image.

I mounted the craft layer on white cardstock and used my ticket corner punch from SU to round in the corners. I mounted the butterfly layer and white onto the beige tan cs.


To finish the card I used K & Company half pearls for the corners, a medium size in the corner and a tiny pearl just inside the punched line. I added 3 larger half pearls to the right side of the sheer white ribbon and tied a bow on the left side. I added half pearls for the butterfly body and three tiny pearls to the first middle and last letter in Happiness.


This is such a versatile stamp set and I just love working with it. I know you will see a lot more creations using this set here. If you like what I have done with this set and would like to see what other designers have done with it as well, check out the Happiness Gallery on Artistic Outpost.


I may see you later with another card, we'll have to see how finishing my "team cards" goes. Thanks Theresa and Megan for confirming my design choice, I can always count on you two.


Cathy


No comments: