Thursday, January 1, 2009

First post of 2009

Happy New Year Everybody!!!


I had a very lazy day today( except for going out to the farm and taking care of the horses since my husband is out of town.) I technically made this card today but sometimes the weee hours of the morning don't count.

I think that this was the set that drew me to the GinaK Design Store and made me buy 3 sets so that I could get this set free. I love to color this set with my copic markers and it looks great in so many different color combinations. The set is called Botanical Dreams by Asela Hopkins. When I first got this set I watercolored it because I hadn't become addicted to copic markers yet :)

This card was created for a Daily Challenge on the GinaK forum on Splitcoast Stampers. This is actually two challenges together to create this card. The Day 5 challenge was to sew on a card which I did by sewing the main image with straight stitches and then I used a zigzag stitch to mount the rusty rose panel to the dp. The Day 6 challenge was to create an inspirational New Years card.

I added the big maroon button in the upper right hand corner and tied green/white checked gingham ribbon through the button holes. I also added a tiny burgundy button to the vellum strip with the sentiment stamped with Dream and Believe.

I really like the way that it turned out and I have really enjoyed having time to do these challenges.

I have made some wonderful cyber stamping friends through GinaK Designs and my blog. My dream for quite some time has been to be an "In the Spotlight" guest designer for GinaK Designs. My "friends" have encouraged me with their wonderful comments on my cards, challenge projects and my blog. I know that there are lots of very talented people who participate in the forum, but maybe one day I will create a project that Gina will see my potential and love for GinaK stamps. This is my inspiration card because I Believe that my Dream will come true if I keep working at it.

I am a guest designer for 2009 for Artistic Outpost which I absolutely love but they are a completely different style of stamps from the GinaK Design stamps.

I need to get to bed because I have to go feed horses in the morning before I go to work, have I mentioned lately that I am NOT a morning person, oh well, it is only a couple more days.

Have a great night and see you tomorrow night.

Cathy

2 comments:

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card!

Jennie said...

Beautiful coloring! Love your layout and color choices.
Good luck on my blog candy!