Friday, January 16, 2009

Love Unicorn

This card is for the Magical Unicorn Contest at The Greeting Farm and we are supposed to create a project using the downloadable unicorn image and tell something about it. Here is my story :)

This is a Love Unicorn. Some folks do not believe in Unicorns because they only believe what they can see. I Believe that Unicorns exist because I believe in Love and I can't see that, I can only feel it. I believe in unicorns because we all need beautiful, sweet, good things to believe in and make us smile and if for only a little while, carefree. That is Magical.
Now on to how I created this card. I printed this image as it is a downloadable image. I printed this one off as a 5X7 so that it was a little larger. I have some others that I have printed that are 4X5 so they are just a little smaller. I am going to play with them next. I colored the mane and tail with copic markers. I knew that I wanted to make this a Valentine colored Unicorn because I planned to make a Valentine card out of it.
I had the image all colored and thought that the unicorn was just a little too plain. I should quit while I am ahead usually. So, I decided to add some blush to the cheek. That was my first mistake, I picked too dark a pink, ugh! I tried to blend it out with a lighter pink, tried to blend that out with a blender marker but it was looking pretty bad. So being the type of creator who never sees things as a mistake just alterable I drew a heart around it and colored the rest of it in and blended the edges just like it was supposed to be there. Walla a Love Unicorn was born!
I thought I would like to see if I could cut the colord image out with my Top Note Sizzix die cut, which I love, so I positioned it and with a hope and a prayer beginners luck paid off. I usually cut out my top note panels and then stamp on them, not an option when you are printing the image. I could cut it out but was too lazy this time.
I used my Copic Airbrush to add the green and pink around the edge of the main image. I added pink checked ribbon and green checked ribbon under the main image and tied a knot bow on each. I added the medium large pink glittery dot in the upper right hand corner and stamped Believe in Always Artichoke ink on the side.
I added stardust glitter pen highlights to the unicorn horn, flowers and eye. I traced the word Believe in the glitter pen and traced around the outside of the top note panel with the pen as well. It just doesn't photograph very well.
This was so much fun. I will try to create another card or project for the contest which ends next Thursday night. The prize is two stamp sets of your choice and I could sure use some free stamps right now although that isn't the real reason I am doing these, just an added bonus.
I should have a pretty quiet and creative week-end, at least that is my plan, so stop by and see what I have been doing if you get a chance.
Goodnight
Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely darling! I love it!