Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MoJo Monday Challenge card


I did the MoJo Monday Challenge for the first time today. I think I followed the sketch exactly, pretty good for me!
I downloaded this cute Anja image from The Greeting Farm. I didn't realize when I first downloaded the image that it was Anja dressed up as Alice in Wonderland but I decided that she could be dressed up in a Valentine costume haha.
I colored her with copic markers and added white gel pen dots to her dress and headband. I was going to paper piece a pink headband but I have been getting over the flu and just didn't do it. I did add white dots to coordinate with her dress. I know I am bad!
Since I made this card for the MoJo Monday Challenge I used some cute flowered dp that I got at Target, yep in the dollar bin. I used my Quikutz scalloped circle cookie die to cut out the Rose Red scalloped circle, I used my Fiskar's circle cutter using the inside of the scalloped cookie die for my pink circle and used my Fiskar's circle template to cut the main image. Not as perfect as I would like, but you gotta use what you have.
I used my Martha Stewart heart punch for the rose red hearts and added the Sateen flowers to which I had added a pink heart brad.
I stamped the Happy Valentines Day sentiment from the Dr. Pea_Nut stamp set from Our Craft Lounge on vellum and trimmed it to the size that I wanted. I then punched a small hole and cut a slit so that it would fit around the heart brad that I had placed in Anja's hands.
To finish the card I used my white gel pen to add white dots to the hearts, around the scalloped circle of the main image and corner dots on the card base.
Tomorrow I am going to work with some new Artistic Outpost stamp that I got a couple of weeks ago and haven't inked up yet.
I am still adjusting to a new work schedule since I bought my new car. I decided that I needed to work 40 hours a week instead of the 35 that I had been working so that I wouldn't have to use my extra money I usually use for my stamps and supplies for my car payment. I am going to like the extra money but not the hours that I can't spend stamping.
Enough complaining. I need to get to bed so that I can go to work in the morning.
Have a good one!
Cathy

1 comment:

Stef H said...

What a fabulous card. She's adorable and I love the hearts & flowers.