Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Favorite Snowy Woods so far

Second post of the day, bear with me, I have been doing a lot of creating and not much posting in the past couple of weeks.


I had a real problem with this image because I really liked the way that the coloring (copic markers) turned out and I was really afraid that I would ruin it or totally distract from it's beauty in creating my card. I have a lot more confidence in my coloring than my card making. I just received this set, Snowy Woods from Artistic Outpost, last week and this was the first image that I colored. It was one of those images that you go back and look at and say " oh, I really like the way that turned out".
The main image was stamped on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and the edges were sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I stamped the evergreen branch in the same distressed Vintage Photo ink around the main image, masking the image so as not to over stamp the colored portions. I added a piece of SU red riding hood ribbon.
I mounted the image on a piece of DP from Stampin Up and mounted that on brown and then mounted all onto a piece of brown cardstock.
I used the same stack of colors for the center panel placed in the middle of the card. I didn't know what sentiment that I wanted to use but I found this phrase from a set of rub ons from SU that I thought was perfect and fit in the space that I had allotted for the sentiment. Lucky me!
I added the brown dew drops and circle clip and my card was done.
Let me know if you like these Snowy Woods images as much as I do.
Have a great evening and see you tomorrow.
Cathy

3 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous...I love the coloring on the image and you are right...you balanced it perfectly!

Shelly Hickox said...

Wow, your coloring is absolutely fantastic! I would love to be able to do that. Wonderful work!

Lynn Stevens said...

You are the Queen of Copics!!!I havent invested the $ yet. You sure make me want to try them. Just Beautiful