Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life is an Adventure

That saying is so true on so many levels. Love this image of the dog with his head out of the car window catching the fresh air.



This stamp is from the Adventure stamp plate from Artistic Outpost. Promised I would ink up another new stamp tonight. I really like all of the elements that the artist put into this stamp plate, the dog with his head out the window, the compass in the lower right cowner, the birds and landscape and the sentiments.

I decided to color the dog more detailed with my copic markers and then I minimally( is that a word?) colored the rest of the image and sponged Tim Holtz Distress Weathered Wood ink and Antique Linen Distress ink on the border and compass.

I used a piece of Outlaw designer paper from Stampin Up because it had a similar tone for the blue green that I had gotten with the weathered wood ink on the green dp. I stamped the compass in Antique Linen along the edges of my Outlaw paper. I then stamped the birds, which I love for an accent on the dp, with weathered wood.

I wanted to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment on the greenish beige Martha Stewart twill tape. I didn't want just the straight cut edge so I unravelled the ends. Not sure about that element yet, but it will stay for now. I attached the frayed twill with large eyelets to the side of the main image with my crop-a-dile.

I mounted my main image on some beige cardstock and used the same color for the main card base and my Adventure .

Can't wait to show you the little bulldog in front of the telephone booth that I also colored tonight. I have to finish assembling that one so won't post it until tomorrow night.

I am finally over the flu and sluggish days following and pretty much back to normal except that it is -10 degrees here and that is tooooo darn cold for me.

Have a great day and see you tonight :)

Cathy

No comments: