Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Back Sleep is highly overrated!

Okay, I know it is late, but I am pretty much on my usual schedule :0 I just had to show you one more card tonight. I have been playing with my Happiness stamp plate from Artistic Outpost tonight.

I absolutely love the background that I created using a tutorial that my "friend" Theresa showed on her blog the other night. The tutorial can be found here.

I had colored this image a while back and never made a card out of it yet, I guess it was just waiting for this background. The ribbon was white grosgrain ribbon that I dyed with my SU re-inkers. It is Baya Blue and it matches so perfectly the weathered wood distressed ink by Tim Holtz that I used for my sponging.

Because I wanted the beautiful butterfly and the striped background to be the focal points I didn't add too many other embellishments except the blue dew drops in the left side border.

I will have more tomorrow night because I got a new stamp plate called Keeper from Artistic Outpost today, always the kind of mail that I like to get! Now I really should go to bed because I do have to go to work in 6 hours.

Have a good day everyone!

Cathy

No comments: