Thursday, September 10, 2009

Artistic Outpost new release cards!


Today I have two Artistic Outpost cards from the new release sets that I had the priviledge of working on, The Outpost and Old Grist Mill.

This card was created using the Tim Holtz mini scroll mask sponged with frayed burlap distress ink over a piece of green dp with dusty rose roses.

Scallop oval is Spellbinders as is the plain edge oval. I love how the Old Grist Mill stamp looks like a newspaper clipper like my mom always saved.

The flower was colored with copic markers and punched out with the SU scalloped punch. The butterfly is a MS punch that I had embossed with a cuttlebug folder prior to punching.

I love the sentiments that are included in the Outpost and Old Grist Mills stamp sets.

Next I have my favorite stamp from the Outpost stamp set which is the windmill:



The windmill just reminds me of the farms in rural central Iowa where I was raised. Every farm had a working windmill.
The matt was stamped with the script stamp all over with versamark ink and the pocket watch from the Outpost was stamped with versamark on the blue card base layer.
The windmill stamp was colored with copic markers and the clouds were sponged in using a post it note mask . I tried to get the weather worn color red/brown for the barn, still think it is too bright but.... I liked the outcome with the other colors used.
Hope you have enjoyed these wonderful Artistic Outpost images, I sure love working with them. You can always dress them up or dress them down, they are perfect for every occassion.
See you tomorrow with the Hanna Stamps Friday challenge card and I used one of Mo's Digital pencil images for the Artful Sentiments copic challenge card for Saturday, so be sure to stop by.
Catch you all later,
Cathy


4 comments:

Juls said...

love both of these..really love the vintage feel of the first one!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are both stunning, i love each of them and what wonderful stamps but how beautifully made cards too the aged look and colours are amazing
hugs June x

Sharri said...

Cathy, both cards are stunning! I love the vintage look and feel of the first card and the sky on the second is gorgeous!