Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge

The challenge on the Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge hosted by Frances was to make a card using fall colors. I carried it a bit farther and made it fall colors with a fall theme. Gardner Hanna works for Lawn Work Hanna tasks too :)

I had just gotten this maple leave dp in a paper pack in the 1.00 bins at Target and I thought it would be perfect for this card. I used the Gardner Hanna from Hanna Stamps with the rake and the wheelbarrow also included in the set.

Colored Hanna with copic markers and free handed in a tree (the leaves have to fall from somewhere). I sponged in the ground in browns and greens and the blue for the sky was airbrushed on.

The fun part was punching maple leaves out of fall colored dp with my MS maple leaf punch and glueing them on to look like a leaf pile. The leaves were a little big proportionately but I think it turned out okay.

Used my Spellbinder rectangle scalloped die for the sentiment tag and made a second run through cutting it in half. Stamped on the Thinking of You sentiment (should have read, Wish you were Here :) ) and slid it under the narrow brown satin ribbon and my challenge card is ready.

Thanks for looking. I have to go to work today so not sure when I have another project for you but I have a Mo's Digital Pencil image colored, just need to finish the card. Maybe tonight :)

Since I have to go to work today, I need to keep plugging away. Have a great day!

Cathy

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

I bet she was thinking of him, that her hubby should be raking all those leaves.LOL. cute card.

Heather Huggins said...

What wonderful coloring & a great scene!!

Sharri said...

Cathy, this is a beautiful scene you have created! Perfect to go with those images!