Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge card

The Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge this week was hosted by Ilina who chose an inspiration challenge. I don't remember if I have ever done but one other inspiration challenge but they are a little intimidating to me :O The picture had lots of rectangles and earth tones.
I decided to do a quilt square card with the Happy Halloween scarecrow colored in neutral tones, I think that meets the challenge requirements.
I drew the rectangles by hand with my Copic micro pen. I stamped some of the accessory stamps into the rectangles and sponged around all the edges including the inside edges. The accessories were colored with copic markers as was the scarecrow image.
I mounted the scarecrow image on foam pictures mounting tape on the brown mat layer to add some dimension to the card.
The only embellishment that I added was a trio of punched spiders and an orange button.
Be sure to go check-out the sneak peeks going on right now at the SCS Hanna Stamps company forum and see all of the awesome new sets and Riley's that will be released on Tuesday night.
I won't be able to attend the Release party this month because I am working nights for one more week and after that I will be there.
Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow.

Cathy

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hey, GF I see you got into the Halloween spirit too adorable and of course the coloring is exquisite!

Sharri said...

Cathy, This is awesome! I love the scarecrow and the layout of the card!