Thursday, September 24, 2009

Copic Buzz Challenge and KLM Digital Oct. Release Sneak Peek!

Katy, over at KLM Digital Designs is keeping her DT very busy this week. KLM Digital Designs is hosting the Challenge this week and next week at Copic Buzz on Paper Craft Planet.

This is the card I made from the free image that KLM Digital Designs posted for the Challenge:
This image was really fun to color with copics and the ghost is always a challenge to keep him looking white and ghostlike but adding just the right amount of grey and blue shading usually works for me. I got out my airbrush to color the orange "sky".

I didn't technically have to get out my airbrush, the compressor sits on the floor under my computer table and all I have to do is reach down and grab the trigger and hose which is always attached. I guess I am just lazy and I don't have to mask if I sponge :)

*****************

KLM Digital Designs is releasing 4 new images on October 1, boy are they cute and fun to play with. Here is my first sneak peek of one of the new images that will be available October 1 on the KLM Digital Design site:

This little Pilgrim boy with the Main Entre is colored with copic markers and in keeping with the vintage Old world feel I wanted to portray I used very neutral papers and my Spellbinder Label 4 die cut to cut out hte main image. Sponged with Tim Holtz distress Vintage Photo ink and then a few triple dots were added for added detail.

EK is the manufacturer of the photo corner punch that I bought at my LSS. Added a MS border punched strip through the middle and a brown check ribbon my card is almost done.

The final touch was a bronz brad in each corner.

Be sure to check out the images that the other DT members have created for this sneak peek and the Copic Buzz challenge.

Catch you tomorrow with something, how is that for narrowing it down. LOL

Later,

Cathy

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

awesome cards and love your coloring!