Thursday, June 4, 2009

StampTV color challenge

Cammie came up with a rather fun but challenging color challenge this week on StampTV. Use Red and Blue but do not make a Patriotic card. Here is what I came up with:

I used a top note die for the main image and stamped the butterfly from GinaK Designs Take Flight, masked it and stamped the two roses from A Year of Flowers also from GinaK Designs.

I love polka dots and this piece just jumped up and wanted to be used. I tried to find something else but I really like the way it looked with the red roses. I mounted to a piece of navy blue cardstock

I sponged the edge just a little (for me) with faded demim Tim Holtz distress ink. Added the navy blue ribbon from Michaels, a white button center colored navy with copic markers for the upper right corner and my card was done.

Red and Blue not patriotic. I did it!!!

Gotta run for now, maybe more later, tomorrow for sure!

Cathy

3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Cathy! Wow, that coloring on the rose is fab!

Laurie said...

Not patriotic and it looks great - love the coloring

Sharri said...

Cathy, This is stunning! Your coloring is beautiful!
I nominated you for a blog award. Please visit my blog to check it out. http://istamp4u.blogspot.com.