Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Take me Away!!!

I am really having a ball with my new StampTV kit called Eclectic Summer. I have finally had a little time this week to just "play".
Today I was working on a challenge card and wanted to use my GinaK Designs Eclectic Summer StampTV Kit, boy say that three times fast, and I wanted to use the hot air balloon. I stamped the one single hot air baloon in the middle and colored it with copic markers, big shock I know :)I decided that it was missing something so I thought that it would be so pretty with a field of pretty flowers like you were looking at the hot air balloons in the distance from a field of flowers.
I stamped the flowers from the flower barrell on a strip of white cardstock and colored them in with copic markers to match the colors I had used in the balloon. I cut the row of flowers out to be glued to the bottom after I sponged around the edges.
Still missing something so I stamped another hot air balloon on either side of the first balloon and left them uncolored. The edges were sponged with Tim Holtz Faded denim distress ink and Adirondak Juniper ink.
The layering of the card is pretty basic, nothing too elaborate as I wanted the balloons to be the main focus of the card. Tied a black and white check ribbon around the main card base and my card was complete.
Now I have to go to work because GinaK Designs has a release party tomorrow night on the GinaK Designs forum on SplitCoastStampers. I will be at work but you know that I will be at the store as soon as I get home from work. If you haven't already, check out the DT previews that have been going on this week. I have been coming home from work, grabbing a bowl of ice cream, and checking out all the previews because most of them post at midnight. Pays to be a night-owl :)
See you later, hope you liked the card.
Cathy

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is stunning, Cathy. I love how you used the flowers along the bottom and your shading of your balloon and background is just spectacular.

Ann said...

Love the flowers under the balloons. Fab-U-lous job!