Saturday, August 29, 2009

Artful Sentiments Saturday Copic Challenge


The colors this week for the Artful Sentiments by KimmBT Copic Challenge are: BV04, V15, and Y21. I had the Y21 and the BV04 and substituted BV02 for the V15. The image is from KLM Digital Designs and worked perfectly for this color challenge. I used the Y21 for the main wing color on the butterfly and the two purple colors for the beautiful flower.
I used the "out of the box" layout for the flower so that you could actually see some of the dp and not just so much white background space. The sponging was done with dusty concord distress ink by Tim Holtz. The sentiment was stamped using Just Rite alpha on a Spellbinder label 4 small label that was sponged before being removed from the die.
I wanted to add just a bit of sparkle and found these tiny gold rimmed gems in my stash. They were perfect .
I didn't have any ribbon that matched my copic colors so I colored the white grosgrain ribbon with my BV04 copic marker to match the flower.
Be sure that you stop by the other DT members blogs and see what wonderful projects they have come up with these colors. Their's are usually more traditional than mine :) It is just about impossible for me to color with only one or two copic colors. I always use at least 4-5 colors for shading but for Kimm I try to be good.
Have a great week-end and thanks for stopping by.
Tomorrow I will have my first sneak peek for the Artistic Outpost release on Monday. Be sure to stop by and see what I have been up to all month getting ready. See you tomorrow.
Cathy

2 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful, Cathy! I really love that stamp too!

Sharri said...

Cathy, this is gorgeous! I love that stamp and the colors you used! Beautiful!