Saturday, August 1, 2009

Project 1 Hanna Stamps Guest Designer Round #2

I am so excited and nervous to be finally showing my card for the first official post of the Hanna Stamps Guest Designer Round#2 finals -Project 1. Without further chatter from me here is Bubblebath Sophie, a not yet released stamp, from Hanna Stamps:


I think a good name for this project is "Relaxing Reflections". The floor and wall were drawn in by hand and highlighted with copic markers. The "wallpaper" of duckies was created by just inking the duckie and water on the stamp, colored with copic markers and highlighted for sparkle with a Sukura stardust pen. Sophie and the bathtub were colored with copic markers and the bubbles were highlighted with the stardust pen and then covered with crystal effects.
The picture below shows the glitter on the bubbles and glass of bubbly. It is soo hard to photograph sparkles on a card.

The mirror is vellum that I stamped the Sophie image as a mirror image and colored it with copic markers as well. The frame is a Cameo frame and I drew the mirror base by hand.

The extra bubbles were created by using a hot glue gun and creating my dots on a cookie sheet. I tried waxed paper first but they stuck :). They really add a lot of dimension as you can see in the following picture where you can see the images are popped up on double mounting tape squares too.

The coordinating ribbon tags and buttons with matching thread highlight the main colors of the "spa" room. A Tim Holtz fragment tag, and my first project is complete.....Now...What to do for next week?

I would love if you left a comment and let me know what you thought of my card or if you wonder how in the world I made it to round 2 :)

You can check out my competition by going to the thread I linked at the top of the post. I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with.

Off to upload my project in the Splitcoast Gallery and Project 1 Forum .... breathe, breathe, breathe :)

6 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

This is fabulous and very creative Cathy!! You should be very proud of yourself! :) And...exhale! LOL (((big hugs)))

Mary Giles said...

I agree with Sandra this is soooo much fun to look at with the way you did the bubbles and I love the blue feel to this card. Very relaxing!

Theresa Momber said...

Heehee! Awesome job and I have to say I love your mirror.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is so amazing! so cute and creative and fun!!! I love the duckie wallpaper. The mirror is to die for! Great card!!!

LORi said...

Super Cute!! Fun and colorful!!!

lisa808 said...

I love everything about this card! The duckie wallpaper, the bubbles, the champagne, and the mirror! It is such a fun and cute card. What a great job!