Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Camper Scene 2 Altered Notebook cover

The one and only Theresa Momber has a new set out this month at GinaK Designs called Happy Camper. Remember the scenes I created with her first set Out West? I can't stop making scenes with her beautiful stamps, makes me feel like an artist!!! :)

I created this notebook cover using her new stamp set Happy Camper.

As you can see I haven't actually gotten the notebook yet but I have used my SU spiral punch and even if I use it for a composition book or scrapbook it will be a nice decorative touch.

I wanted to created a mountain camping scene with the rascally racoon fishing in the nearby stream. I really like the way that it turned out. The mountains and trees were stamped with Momento London Fog because I wanted a subtle line to appear as a distant image. I used my copic airbrush for almost everything except the tent and the racoon. The tent and racoon are cut out and popped up on foam picture mounting tape.

This would be a perfect camping journal or scrapbook cover for those of you who are campers.

It took me longer to photograph this picture than it did to create it. I had to darken the sky 3 times before you could even see it and the airbrushing tends to give off unwanted highlights with a flash.

Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow I have a summer project for Artistic Outpost be sure to stop back, love to see you.

Have a good rest of the day, I have to get ready to go to work.

Bye for now,

Cathy

4 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Holy smokes, Cathy! You really know how to build a scene! This is so amazing.

Jacqui said...

Oh my gosh this is awesome! I love the scene

Lynn Stevens said...

Boy this sure puts me in the mood for camping! hats off to the Queen of copics!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous scene! Theresa set is great and what you created with it is awesome.

I nominated you for a blog award. You can check it out here:

http://craftingwithprincesslisa.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-second-blod-award.html