Saturday, July 25, 2009

Queen of the Parking Lot!--Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge

Happy Saturday!!!

Time for another Artful Sentiments by Kimm BT Copic Challenge. The colors this week are RV25 YG03 and V06. Here comes Granny!!!:

I just love this image from GinaK Designs from the You know you're Old When... It was in my very first order from GinaK Designs almost two years ago. Still a great go to set for a silly card.

I didn't have all the copic colors this week but I came close. I had RV23 which was the pink that I used for her hair and dress. I used YG03 as the second color on the car and V06 is the lavendar used for the shading on Granny's hair.

I used my marvy scalloped oval punch to punch out the main image. and used my plain oval nestie for the black circle and larger scalloped oval nestie for the lavendar scalloped oval. The lavendar dp is from a recycled stack pack I got at WalMart which I added a neat border with a MS border punch.

I needed to incorporate the green from the car so I added green brads and a green grosgrain ribbon.

The crown is my favorite touch. Tim Holtz has a new line of mini masks and the crown is one that I got last week. I really like the Tim Holtz masks but the majority of them are huge and perfect for scrapbook pages.

It may have been a little odd to merge the vintage elements with the very "hip" granny but it was fun. When you are a Granny you can do what you want, and I qualify.

Hope you have a great week-end. Be sure to stop by the other DT members blogs and check out their interpretation of the colors for this week.

See you later,

Cathy

4 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

This is so cool, Cathy! Love your coloring, of course! I just found those mini masks, too, and love them. My LSS only had two, but I'm hoping to see more soon.

Laurie said...

Cathy, What an adorable car! Love the green buggy!

Anonymous said...

Great card and fabulous coloring! I love the crown!

Lynn Stevens said...

teehee, too funny, The QOC still reins!