Monday, July 13, 2009

Swing Keel Starboard!!

That so reminds me of the wonderful days that my husband and our family used to spend on our sailboat on week-ends. The weather I depicted in this card was the weather where we would head back to dock, small sailboats with white caps was not fun, all you did was go up and down, time to drop the sails and hope the motor starts :)

Here is the sailboat image from KLM Digital Designs that I promised you earlier, see you aren't disappointed are you?!? I was in the mood to color today. Sue does such a great job drawing these images that I have a ball coloring them and I can really get carried away as you can see. I can turn a perfectly beautiful ocean scene into a hurricane :)

I was all out of the medium/dark blue cs that you see here so I went to the LSS which is just a block away. I walked in the door with the intention of only getting 4 or 5 sheets of the blue and 4 or 5 sheets of Kraft cs. I walked in the door and what do I see but a display of Tim Holtz masks. They had the new mini masks. I love the Tim Holtz masks but unless you scrapbook they are usually too big, OMG these are so perfect. I used the single compass mask on this card. It was only 1.99. They had two more that I couldn't live without too, but.... sorry, back to the card:

Copics were used to color the image. The clouds were created with post it notes torn in the shape I wanted to form cloud, sponged with Tim Holtz Weathered Wood distress ink.

The white caps were created with a white gel pen, if you look closely at the rocks you will see that the ocean is washing hard against them and creating a white spray (kinda), I even added a bolt of lightning. I guess I was in a playful mood and really enjoying coloring.

This really is the last post for today. Tomorrow I will have an Artistic Outpost Halloween card. No, it is not too early for Halloween cards, it is only 3 months away, and besides I love the Vintage Halloween stamp plate and can't stand not using it any longer! It's my blog and I can if I want to :)

See you tomorrow,

Cathy