Sunday, July 26, 2009

KLM Designs Sneak Peak and new release cards

KLM Digital Designs is releasing 3 new designs on August 1 and this darling little baby in a swing is one of them. Isn't she just the cutest?


The images are digital images so they can be sized to fit your card or scrapbook page, there are endless possibilities.

This little cutie was colored with copic markers and sponged around the edges with Tim Holtz broken china distress ink. The dp seemed to match the color scheme I used to color the baby and I used the MS border punch for the edge. The tag was created just be cutting two strips of cs and the ends of the white piece were trimmed using the corner rounder punch. The red ends were punched with the same MS border punch used for the patterned dp edge.

The checked prima flower and blue button finished the card.

My second card is using a new sketch designs called Mother and Child that was added yesterday. I absolutely love this sketch and had to stop everything I was doing tonight and create this card. Hope you like it as much as I do.


I wanted this to look like a framed portrait in sepia tones. The coloring is copic marker and the sponging is Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink and Weathered wood distress ink.

The embellishments were kept simple so that the picture was the focal point, a picture mount in the upper right hand corner and in the lower left bottom a simple sentiment "cherish" covered with a Tim Holtz fragment tag. I love the way the clear tags accentuate the sentiment without adding another colored layer to the card.

I think I am going to send this card to my daughter and her husband who are expecting a little girl any day now.

This image and several more new images are available right now on KLM Digital Designs website so go check them out and while you are at it check out the other awesomely talented Design Team members blogs for sneak peaks of the new releases.

See you tomorrow with more cards.

Cathy

4 comments:

Virgo5 said...

Cathy I love the Mother & baby image, your colouring is superb! I love the simplicity, and the clear embellishment is perfect!

Laurie said...

Oh, Cathy, the baby & mother card is just so precious! The coloring is stunning.

Katy Myhre said...

Cathy this came out really great! I think you should really consider submitting this to a magazine like Take ten, etc.

Lynn Stevens said...

just precious!