Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lighthouse Sketch

I don't know what it is about the tranqil beauty of a lighthouse, but...Some of the new sketch designs offered right now at KLM Digital Designs are two light house images. Here is the larger and my personal favorite:



The main image was colored with copic markers and then the light beam was airbrushed with my copic airbrush system. Did you know that each light house in the world has a different beam sequence so that sailors know where they are by the beam sequence. Face it, when you are on the ocean and not that close to shore after dark, you need the navigational guidance. My husband and I have a 25' sailboat so I know just enough to be dangerous :)

Back to my card, sorry about the side story, after I had the beam airbrushed the way I wanted, I airbrushed the night sky around it. I got just enough spray from the airbrush to give the image a foggy look very reminiscent of evenings along the shore.

The dp is from the Ocean Glass paper pack, by K & Company, that I got a while back at Michaels. I sewed a zigzag stitch around the back layer and horizontal layer. The main image was stitched using a straight stitch. A navy blue ribbon , an antique button, and blue dew drops and my LightHouse card is finished.

This image is large enough to color and frame too. Because it is a digital image you could size it larger to make an 8X10 picture for framing. Wouldn't that be a wonderful gift for a guy.

Be sure to check out the other DT members blogs for more new releases and sneak peaks of the new images arriving August 1.

Gotta go get ready for work, but since I promised you this card ummmm yesterday , I wanted to get it posted before I went to work.

Have a great day, see you tomorrow with an Artistic Outpost card.

Cathy

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful air brushing Cathy and an interesting story as well. I didnt know they had their own pattern. You still rein as the Queen of Copics!

Sharri said...

Cathy, I love this - it is beautiful and your sewing is perfect!