Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekly StampTV Color Challenge Card

My fellow DT member on KLM Digital Designs , Sue Morris, is also a member of StampTV and this month was chosen as a Center Stage Design Team Member. She got to host the Color Challenge this week and she chose that the cards should be Red, White, and Black. Here is the card that I created today in 30 min for the challenge:

I know that I always take a long time to create cards usually a couple of hours minimum, so I was amazed that I started this card at 3:00 knowing full well that I had to go to work at 4:15 :) Hey, when you have a thought sometimes you just have to roll with it.

I wanted to do Susan's challenge for two reasons, I know Susan as a DT buddy and I love color challenges. I wanted to do a silhouette type card with the new Many Wishes and this was the perfect opportunity to do it.

I cut all of my papers knowing that I wanted to use the red polka dot paper for my red. I sponged the Tim Holtz firebrick red distress ink around the edge of my main image cs leaving the center to reflect around the dandelion heads. I sponged just a little black soot Tim Holtz distress ink along the bottom and very lightly along the sides and top.

I stamped the dandelion heads and stems from Many Wishes and the small leave branch from Tropical Flowers with Momento Tuxedo Black ink and added the stray dandelion fluff flying away. I mounted all the pieces together and added a piece of wonderful GinaK red with white stitched ribbon (that was included in the Eclectic Summer StampTV kit that is availble now), and tied a bow knot in the upper left corner.

Finally I added a few 3 dot high lights randomly on the card and added a small white dot in each corner. I thought a brad or eyelet would be too large for the effect I wanted so used my handy dandy white gel pen for the corner dots.

I finished my card at approximately 3:30, photographed it, posted it to StampTV and I was upstairs getting ready for work at 3:50. I think that is a speed record for me. I see a couple more StampTV challenges that I am going to try to complete this week. My favorites are of course the color challenges and the sketch challenges. I'm going to check the out more as soon as I finish this post.

Tomorrow is Friday and you know what that means...the Hanna Stamps Friday challenge. I am going to sneak a peak over there too because sometimes if I am very lucky, it is Francis turn and since she lives in Australia she posts late here but daytime for her. Great for night owls like me because even though I don't usually do the challenge until the next day I don't have to wait to see what the challenge is. More info than you probably wanted to know about me, but...

Off to see what Challenge world has in store for me the next couple of days.

See you all later.

Cathy

1 comment:

Dawn Frost said...

Your card is awesome! I love that set. I guess I'll have to order some sets to get that free one.