Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let it Snow! Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge card

Kerry D-C is the host this week for the Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge. Her challenge was to make a Christmas themed project. I love this little Riley moose building a snowman. I thought it would be fun if he was building the snowman with a gentle snowfall.
The image was colored with copic markers, snow is added to the accent areas with a white gel pen. The image needed a little something to fit nicely on the Top Note die so I drew in the two pine trees on the left side and colored them with copic markers, highlighted with the white gel pen and a clear gel pen for sparkle. I also drew in the horizon.
The falling snow was added with a Micro pen which is the same pen I used to draw the trees. I added a dot of blue and grey copic marker to each snowflake on the main image. I then went over the entire area with the copic blender pen to soften the copic ink.
To finish the card I added a scalloped edge at the bottom, added a blue ribbon, my favorite touch is the Tim Holtz fragment that I glued a die cut snowflake to the backside. The snowflakes on the dp were outlined with the clear gel pen for added sparkle you just can't see it in the picture unless you look reeeaall close.
Have a great week-end and be safe.
Cathy

No comments: