Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am soo Excited!

I am so excited that my blog has been discovered by people that I have been watching and stalking (in a good way) for months. If you are familiar with GinaK Designs you have heard of Melanie Meunchinger (melmel), Jessica Fick (JessJean) and Theresa (TheresaCC) they all commented on a couple of cards that I put in my Splitcoast Stampers Gallery yesterday, and some of them came here a left comments. Thanks!!!!

Theresa was my first ever guest( that I didn't know) to visit my blog and leave comments. I want you to know that I almost fell on the floor.

Fast forward to this morning, I wake up and check my email as I always do and I see a comment was left by Megan, whom I met at the Copic Certification class in Kansas City and we have sent some messages back and forth since and I check out her blog everyday. Then I also saw that Jessica left a comment, okay now my mouth is hanging open especially when I read that she had added my blog to her blog list. I was so excited that first I went to my blog to read all the comments, then thinking that Jessica was probably just being nice and saying she added my blog I had to go look. I see my name in her blog list, right above Cindy Haffner, can you just imagine the poor person who accidently hits my name instead of Cindy's. Hopefully they will look, leave a comment and then go to Cindy's blog.

My ultimate goal with my blog is first to show off what I love to do and get good enough to submit my blog to GinaK Designs for the In the Spotlight Designer Search they do monthly.

Enough jabber here is the Poinsettia Card that I made last night.








I have a slight addiction to the Top Note die Cut from Stampin Up as you can tell from a lot of my cards, I can't help it they help me look good. The Poinsettia is from A Year of Flowers by Melanie Meunchinger. I colored each poinsettia differently and then cut them out. The cutting took a while because Melanie put nice edge detail in each petal. I used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder with the negative inking technique with white cardstock and river rock Stampin Up ink. I sponged the edge of the Top Note Mellow Moss piece with Always Artichoke Ink and stamped the Merry Chistmas Greeting also in Always Artichoke ink. The ribbon is some I got at Christmas last year from Michaels. I positioned the Poinsettias and popped the outside two on one foam square and the middle up on two foam squares.
I have to go for now and go watch the grandkids for about an hour. I will edit this later tonight to add the hyperlinks to all of the people and companies that I have mentioned today.
Have a great Sunday.

Cathy

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

You are so funny! Your cards are wonderful and my jaw hit the ground when I saw this pointsettia card! AWESOME job! I love the two colors!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh wow! Your coloring on these are just gorgeous! Girl you got it going on with them copics! And your new to them? Awesome! I can only imagine how much you will grow in learning with these! LOVE this card, its just beautiful!

Melanie said...

I LOVE this card!!!