Thursday, October 16, 2008

My first My Favorite Things Challenge

Since I am not going to be a Stampin Up demo after this month I am searching for other stamp companies that I would like to buy from. Of course GinaK Stamps will probably always be my favorite because I am a Copic addict and her stamps lend so well to coloring but I have been looking at My Favorite Things stamps for a while, so tonight I decided to do their weekly challenge as you didn't have to use MFT stamps to do the challenge. The challenge was a sketch challenge by Frances SCS StampOwl. Here is the card that I did.

Isn't that just the cutest snowman you have ever seen. I bought a package of Christmas Sayings and this darling little guy was hiding in the back of the package on the second sheet of stamps. Because everyone who knows me knows I love Snowmen I was thrilled.

I colored him with my Copic Markers and used my Marvy Scalloped Circle punch to cut him out. I used my QuikCutz Circle Scallop die cut in my Cuttlebug for the Blue Bayou circle which I had run through the Cuttlebug with the Snowflake embossing folder. I used a small snowflake embossing folder for the round snowflake and used my SU scalloped punch to punch out the Blue Bayou scalloped circle behind the small snowflake. I embossed the white cardstock with the Snowman Sayings embossing folder with my cuttlebug as well. This folder creates a negative image so the sayings are indented instead of standing out but I like it.

I had dyed ribbon a couple of weeks ago and the Baja Breeze ribbon matched the card stock that I had on my craft table to use. The ribbon slides were a bulk buy from Stampin Up.

This was a fun project and I think I stuck to the challenge pretty well.

Gotta go for now.

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

What a darling stamp and once again, gorgeous coloring! Love it!

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Gorgeous coloring, YOU ROCK!