Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I sewed on a card for the first time!

Just a quick post to load this picture. I have loaded it on Splitcoast Stampers Gallery but they have been taking forever to approve a picture upload so I decided to go ahead and add it here while I was still not tired.

Isn'st this little snowman just the cutest with his birdie friends and falling snow. This is another stamp my sister brought for us (me) to play with over the week-end and I got to keep it. She didn't let me keep the angel. Oh, well I know where it lives. I think she did that so that I would have to make the trip to her house soon.

I colored the image with Copic Markers and then I wanted to try sewing on a card. I have 3 sewing machines and have sewn all my life so why have I waited so long to sew on my cards? First I sewed the Snowman Scalloped Square image, that I had cut with my Spellbinder Nestibility die cuts using my Cuttlebug, to my Green scalloped square. Not sure that I like the white stitching on the green but it may grow on me. Then I stitched the green to the Red Riding Hood SU card stock. Next I stitched the Red layer to the holly designer paper which I had bought at Michaels after Christmas last year. Finally I stitched all of the layers to my final Red Riding Hood layer leaving enough on the right side to add my plaid ribbon.

I am planning to make a bunch of 3X3 gift cards using this stamp and I will show them to you when I get them done.

I suppose that I should go pick up my stamp room so that I can go to bed sometime tonight. I have to go to work to make money for more stamps and paper and embellishments, and ribbon and ink and..........

Goodnight :)

Cathy

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I haven't sewed on one yet! I am encouraged after seeing yours though. I really love your image and how you painted it too! The whole card is wonderful.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Cathy - what a beautiful card - I have a mini sewer but have not used it yet, but you have given me the inspiration to go and try it. I just found your blog through a post on SCS and will visit it often - you have beautiful creations. Have a great afternoon. Janet