Saturday, October 18, 2008

I've been practicing my Copic Techniques

I have finally had some time to practice my coloring techniques with my Copic Markers. Have I mentioned that I LOVE them HaHa! Only about a million times I know.


I created this bouquet of Tulips from the AYear of Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger sold at my favorite Stamp Store GinaK Designs. I used the gradiant technique to color the red and white tulip. Here is the card I created:





I think it turned out really pretty. Not exactly fall type flowers but I liked it anyway. Did you notice the cute little ladybug on the lower left leaf?



I also made a darling Angel using the Christmas Blessings stamp set created by Asela Hopkins and no surprise also sold by GinaK Designs, do you see a pattern here. I can't resist all of her stamps are so perfect for my copic markers. Here is my Angel card:





To be honest when I ordered this stamp set this was the one stamp that I thought I would not use, boy was I wrong. Just goes to show you that until you get that rubba in your hand ( that didn't sound good if you are not a stamper) you don't really know if you are going to Love a stamp or not. I kept the card kind of simple so that the Angel was the focal point. I added the Country Heart button with raffia to keep with the country style and added two buttons to the upper right hand corner. I used a piece of raffia to sew the buttons together .


We had a really fun day today with Cathryn and her kids, Austin 7, Cole 3 and Bailey 1. Jim and I went with them to Council Bluffs to Ditmar's Orchard where we rode a wagon pulled by a tractor to the pumpkin patch where we picked out our pumpkins. I just got some for decoration and Cathryn and her kids got ones large enough to carve. We also got some apples and I got some Apple Butter. Here are Cathryn and 3 of my 11 grandkids:




I am going to go finish a couple more cards and try to get them uploaded tonight. I have a big stamping and coloring day planned for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

I already mentioned, in your gallery, how lovely these are, but I saw you have a blog and wanted to visit to tell you again how beautiful they are.

I felt the same way about the angel stamp, but I was playing around with it today and I think I am going to like it. TFS!

Megan said...

Cathy!! Your cards look great--I can see you're learning some of those techniques we learned!! I really like how you're trying new things--like the small squares for the background on the tulip card. What a great idea! Also, I'm looking forward to seeing more of you in the MFT and Gina K forums!!!

Unknown said...

Cathy, you have some beautiful cards here!! Your coloring is perfect - look at all your shading... love those tulips!!

I'm glad I discovered your blog - I'm going to add you to my blog roll!

Melanie said...

that gradient technique is so cool!! I saw Marianne demonstrate it at CHA but I have yet to try it, you make it look good :)