Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Jury is still out on this card.

Hi Again,
This will probably qualify as my Monday post as I usually post very late at night, sleep is highly over rated.

I made this card for this beautiful Sleigh stamp from The Magic of Christmas set by Rupa Shevde sold at where else GinaK Designs. I love my one stop shop, the designers are awesome.




My quandry is the silver mesh behind the Top Note main image. I like it in person but I don't really like it photographed.

The card base is Red Riding Hood Stampin Up cardstock, yeah, I know you are shocked, but I bought two packs of it for Christmas Cards and then changed my design. The Sleigh stamp is colored with Copic Markers and the I added clear Stickles to look like snow. I traced the swirl design on the sleigh with my Spica glitter pen. I only have one color, green, and I only have that because it came in my Copic bag at Certification class. (I had been wanting to try them, they are cool and no surprise GinaK Designs carries them in the Store in a package of 12 different colors). I colored the Poinsettia and cut it out and popped it up on a foam square. I had to staple the Top Note panel to the card base because the silver mesh doesn't glue well, I think I hid the staples pretty good, can you see them?
I have one more card to share and then I am going to go back to finish cleaning my stamp room.



This card is one more that I was working out the technique of staying in the lines while doing the gradiant technique with my Copic Markers ( the blender pen is my new best friend). I got the idea to only stamp part of the daisy stamp from A Year of Flowers from Melanie Muenchinger's blog last night. I Love daisies in real life but I love to make cards with daisies more in the corn flower image, so thanks for the Tip and picture tutorial on how to do it. ( you can find the tutorial here:http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/) I didn't use a journaling pen as I wanted to use my Copic Markers to color them so I used my Momento Tuxedo Black Dew Drop Ink Pad and I could ink just the parts I wanted with it. I drew in the grass and then used the Copic Airbrush to add more green to the grassy area. I didn't place my stamps exactly like I thought I was so it looks like there is a strong westerly wind blowing. The little ladybug wants to be included on each card I make with this set and she wanted to stay out of the wind so she settled on the F in Friend. I mounted the main image on the green polka dot and mounted that on white CS leaving a small border around the green panel. I tied a pretty white organdy ribbon around the bottom and it is ready to give to a Friend.

Thanks for looking and have a Great Monday!

Cathy

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

More gorgeous coloring! Love these.

Melanie said...

love the "Friend"ly ladybug, he hee!!