Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where is this month going?

I can't believe how the month is flying by and I have so many projects to do. It is raining here today and supposed to rain for the next couple of days so I should have time to get some stamping done, always an added bonus.
I did spend a couple of hours tonight stamping off some images to color, that's what I do. I am starting on my Christmas Card order for my manager as she buys all of her Team cards from me so that means I have 40 team cards to make and 10 Special cards for her Friends and Family. She calls me her Hallmark Store. I am not even going to introduce her to the rest of you guys because if she loves my cards, and she must because she has bought about 300 cards in the last year and a half, what she doesn't know won't hurt me ha ha. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get them done.
I think that I maybe make my cards backwards because I spend time coloring my images and then when I have a group done or I need a break from coloring I begin to design my cards around the images that I have colored.



This is a card that I made for my manager's granddaughter for Halloween. I used my Copic Markers to color the Pirate Hanna image from Hanna Stamps which is another Stamp company that I really like, after all that is where you buy the Riley Moose stamps.
I mounted the Hanna image on some halloween designer paper that I got in the Dollar Spot at Target, gotta love the Dollar Spot. I used Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the card base.
The scalloped edge was made with the Threading Water scallopped punch by Fiskars and the dew drops are Robins Egg Dew Drops I bought at Hanna Stamps as well. The bats and Happy Halloween are from the Spooky Silhouette Stamp Set by GinaK Designs. The Trick or Treat bag was from the Mini Halloween set by Hanna Stamps and I colored it with copic markers, cut it out and glued it to Hanna's arm.
I didn't add any additional embellishments as she was going to mail the cards and didn't want to have to pay additional postage.

Doesn't she look ready to go Trick or Treating?

Have a great day and thanks for looking.

Cathy

1 comment:

Shirley said...

She is too cute! Love how you painted her.