Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old World Santa with Poinsettias

I just want you to know that the real Cathy is back. I had fun creating the last two cards but they were not really my true style although they were fun. Here is a new card more in MY style.


I bought this stamp last Christmas season at Hobby Lobby and couldn't wait to bring it out to color with my copic markers this year. I think it turned out pretty cool. I wanted to use the neutral tones on the mat paper and the background paper but wanted to add the Poinsettias to make the red in Santa's robe pop. I think I succeeded.
The poinsettias are from the Christmas Blessings set by Asela Hopkins sold at GinaK Designs. The Believe stamp is from Botanical Dreams also from GinaK Designs.
I tend to use the Believe saying with Santa Cards because I Believe in the Spirit of Christmas.
I hope you like this card as much as I do. I will probably be back later with more cards to upload.
Happy coloring.

Cathy

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Cathy, your cards are lovely. This one is just so creative and vibrantly beautiful. I love the dimensioanl poinsettias too! I am definitely following and have you on my feed list too!