Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love these Roses

Hi Everyone:

You are probably wondering if I only have one set of stamps, but I am having a ball coloring these flowers from A Year of Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger so here is my latest card. If you could only have one set of stamps this would be the one to have. What did I just say, One set of Stamps? Yeah Right. But seriously this would be a great choice.






I of course wanted to keep the card simple with the roses and Sentiment being the focal points. I colored the roses with Copic markers and cut them out. I mounted them on the top half of a Nestibility Oval and stamped Thinking of You from the Autumn Leaves Stamp Set by GinaK Designs. I love the nice crisp lines of the Sentiments that are always on the sets I get from GinaK Designs. I wanted a little bit of interest on the bottom of the card so I used my dotted swiss cuttlebug border folder and then I used my corner rounder punch to scallop the bottom. I tied a piece of white organdy ribbon around the card and to my surprise the bow ended up pretty, Wallah my card is done.



I also made one more card using the Rose, My Yellow Rose of Friendship card.

I can't believe that I forgot to add the little ladybug to the 3Roses card above, she has been on all of my cards I have made with this set. I guess she is hiding under one of the roses. Oh, well, I thought this looked kind of fall yellow, you're not seeing it? It is the lightest color of yellow that I have in my Copic Markers but it matches the So Saffron by Stampin Up perfectly. I used a card base in white that I had run through the Cuttlebug with the Dotted Swiss embossing folder. I love the elegant look that the dotted swiss gives almost any design. I had bought the ribbon at Michaels and it matched the So Saffron perfectly. I added two rows of ribbon because when I stamped the stem I had a seam and wanted to cover it up.
I can't wait to see what Flowers I decide to color tomorrow, there are still several more in the set I haven't shown yet.
Well, thanks for taking a look at my Roses. Have a great day.

Cathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I haven't played with Mel's Flower set for a while now and you've inspired me to try to find some time this weekend to get it out and do some coloring!!!

Your shading is gorgeous!