Friday, May 8, 2009

Aloha! Surf's Up

The Digi Shack is having a contest using the newest release digital images, the three wahini's. I was good and only purchased Lani the little surfer.

I think these new images are incredible and they print out so nicely on my regular Georgia Pacific white cardstock I buy by the ream at WalMart.

I colored the image with copic markers and used a little white gel pen for highlights. Black hair is really hard to color. I started with 4 shades of grey and then went in with black.

Since I colored the water in a couple of shades of blue I didn't want to color in or even airbrush the sky so I just did a generous sponging around the edges with Tim Holtz broken china distress ink.

I stuck pretty much to the teal and yellow theme on the card but did use the red hibiscus bloom with a yellow button in the center in the upper left hand corner to tie in with the redish orange flames on the surfboard.

Check in tomorrow for the first official DT images for the Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge by KimmBT. The colors are pretty cool and I can't wait to see what the other DT members came up with for the colors.

See you tomorrow. I should have some StampTV challenge cards as I plan to stamp all day and night, because I can hippee!!!

Take Care,

Cathy

1 comment:

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous! I love it