Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Digi Shack Sketch Challenge

The Digi Shack has a sketch challenge this week. I love their images so I try to play along sometime during the week. Here is my card for the sketch.

I didn't want my card to end up too bright and wanted to use this dp for the sketch. I printed the Lani Surfer image smaller than the last one that I did and it fit pretty nicely in my Marvy Scalloped punch. I used my SU scalloped punch for the Aloha Tags (thanks for the freebie)which were also from The Digi Shack.

I did minimal coloring on the water and tried to stay light with my shading with my copic markers. I used my new Martha Stewart border punch for the band at the bottom . I tied a piece of Pretty Pink grosgrain ribbon that I had dyed with SU reinkers and my card was almost done.

I wanted to make something for the top but everything that I tried didn't appeal to me. I tried photo corners and I tried to make photo corners with the border punch edging but those ideas didn't work for me. I ended up making a narrower border band and adding a border band of pretty pink down the center.

If you haven't checked out The Digi Shack you should. I'm getting pretty addicted because they are all about being colored and you all know I love anything that I can color :)

Have a good day.

See you later tonight. I am going to try to get a couple more challenges done today. I want to do the challenge over at Dog Gone Stamps. Jana always has awesome challenges and this week's is no exception and "gasp" I haven't done any challenges this week for StampTV.

Goodnight

Cathy

No comments: