Monday, May 11, 2009

StampTV Challenge Card

Here is the card that I made for the Technique Challenge on StampTV. This week Gina showed us how to make the dp with using the shaving cream technique. This is such a fun technique and the outcome is a little different on each piece of paper.

I cut 4 - 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 pieces of white cardstock to place on my shaving cream mixture. For this piece I used Cool Carribean, Kiwi Kiss, and Pretty Pink SU reinkers. I cut my last piece of Cool Carribean to use as the base of this card.

I used my copic markers to color the images from My Cuppa Joe stamp set from GinaK Designs . I sponged around the edge with Tim Holtz Broken China Distress ink and tied a pink ribbon that I had dyed a while back. I love using my SU reinkers to make my custom color ribbons that match the SU cardstock. I don't think that I ever use my reinkers to ink a stamp pad :)

I had so much fun stamping and coloring this past week-end and had time to create 3 StampTV challenge cards and actually got them done before the deadline. Deadlines got a little easier to attain since I got my new laptop computer.

When I got my tax refund I decided that I could use it to buy the stamps that I had been wanting but hadn't had the extra money for, but I decided that since Jim and I need to use the computer at the same time that it would be more beneficial and keep peace in the family if I got a laptop with internet service so we could both work at the same time. It has been a wonderful investment, especially in my temperment. The old saying is true, "If mama isn't happy, nobody is happy :).

Now I don't have to wait until well past midnight most nights to post to my blog or check my email.

I am going to say good night for now. See you tomorrow.

Cathy

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love it! Sooooooo simple, but so delicate!