Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Color Challenge on StampTV

Theresa is the hostess of the Color Challenge this week on StampTV. I get to play during the day when my brain actually functions ha ha. Just kidding. I started working evening shift again and I love it. I get to be home during the day and do the things I want and work from 5 to midnight. It works for me because I get to do all the things all day that I want to do and at night I concentrate on work. During the day I was wishing I was home and less productive at work and play :) Enough of that, Here is my card for the Keep it Cool challenge to use Blues and any other neutral color:


I don't know how many blue butterflies there are in nature but I did it anyway. First I stamped the trees from Tree Silhouettes in the background using Tim Holtz Weathered Wood distressed ink. Then I stamped my butterflies from Take Flight in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.

Of course because I wanted the colors to blend into each other I used the Copic Gradiant technique (one of my favorite techniques). The blues on the butterfly on the left are darker shades. I start with the lightest in the center and work my way out. On these butterflies I used 3 different shades of blue. On the right butterfly I used 3 lighter shades of blue.

I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distress inks Denim and Antique Linen. I didn't want to distract from the main image too much so I added a piece of navy blue grosgrain ribbon and 3 navy brads. Super easy 30 minute card ( hey, that is fast for me)!

I forgot to mention that I used the digital paper from GinaK Designs StampTV freebie section called Jersey Shore.

Hope you like my card. I think it would be a really nice Father's Day card as it may have a ribbon but it is pretty masculine other than that.

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: