Monday, May 25, 2009

Pattern and Texture Potluck Friday Challenge on StampTV

I had time this week-end to create two challenge cards for StampTV challenges.

I have had these Indian images for a long time. I had ordered them online when I was making rag quilts but quit making the quilts before I used them. I thought that this image might go pretty good with Theresa's Out West stamp set from GinaK Designs.

To use the fabric image which came with a 1/2 inch border of fabric around the printed image I pulled the strings to make the fringe. I decided it looked funny with all four sides fringed so I trimmed the top and bottom leaving only the sides fringed.

The SU Blue Bayou cardstock matched the Indian image colors so I only had to add the Top Note die which I used a cream color die and sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink by Tim Holtz. I used the label die cut from Quikutz for the bottom and mounted my skull, cactur and hat around the Happy Trails sentiment.

The leather strip was tied in a knot and added to the bottom sentiment panel.

I already had fulfilled the pattern challenge with the weatherd beige cs for the card base. I had two pieces of texture already as well in the fabric and the leather strips, but I wanted to add the sterling silver dream catcher to the Indian image, I think it sets it off nicely. I just tied the leather strip onto the jump ring for the dream catcher.

I did another challange card as well but I will wait and show you that one tomorrow. Hope you had a wonderful week-end and thanks for stopping by.

Cathy

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, wow, wow! Cathy, this is fabulous. I love all the wonderful details and beautiful coloring!

Melanie said...

I love this card, so clever in all its detials!