Sunday, May 17, 2009

Charlie the Clown KLM Designs

KLM Designs is having a DT call and I am contemplating applying. They are offering a free digital image and I like to try to use a companies stamps when applying if I can. What do you think?



Isn't Charlie cute holding the little blue bird? This was so fun to color. I added polka dots to the vest with a Copic micro pen .01. The pen was in the goodie bag of copic supplies when I took the Copic Certification class. I love that pen and use it all the time to do things just like this :) That being said, I colored the digital image with copic markers.

I can see myself sending this card to someone who needed a smiley card (one that makes everybody smile), a kids birthday card, or Just Because card.

I sponged the edge of the main image with Tim Holtz distress ink in Tattered Burlap and Broken China. I bought a K and Company matt stack at Michael's yesterday and found this really neat diagonal check paper that matched the colors perfectly. I sponged the edge of that with the tattered burlap distress ink also. I used a second piece of the double sided matt paper and used the backside for the final piece of dp. I had made two cards without any sponging so I was having withdrawals :)

I tied a piece of beige twill tape (it came on a bundle of washclothes that I bought at Target)and tied a bow knot on the far right side. I dug through my antique white buttons and found two that I liked with the dp and tied the brown checked ribbon through the button holes.

Thanks for looking and have a good rest of your day.

Cathy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally fabulous! Your coloring is so fantastic!

Lynn Stevens said...

very sweet, Clowns seem to be the thing, I'm sure you'l get it if you decide to try out Good Luck, not that you'll need it!