Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Vision-Someone to watch over Me!

I had this vision for this set, Out West, and I think it came out close to what I was trying to achieve. Judge for yourself.

I think the storm clouds turned out better than I expected. I got to use my Tree Silhouettes stamp set from GinaK Designs for the first time. This was the set I chose when I won Donna's 3D challenge a couple of months ago. I love those trees. I stamped them in Momento London Fog ink. Just a hint if you think that London Fog is a grey, wrong, it is misty green which is great for trees and it works for most everything but it was a surprise the first time I used it.

I colored the horse in greys to keep the dreamy vision I had. I tried to mute the grass and ground so that they were like a vision as well.

The horse head was stamped in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. Not quite as subtle as I was wanting but I was pleased with it.

I finished it by adding a wide sheer dotted swiss ribbon at the bottom, mounted the main image on white cardstock, mounted that on black cardstock and finally mounted all on SU Sahara Sand.

I think this will be my final OutWest card for today :) I love this set and it is so easy to come up with ideas for great cards. I keep wanting to make scenes and not single images, not a bad thing just different because I have to create a lot of the scene elements by drawing them. I can't wait to see what Theresa comes up with next month!!!

Well, tomorrow it is back to work and I have some fun projects in the works. Be sure to keep checking back.

If you ever have any questions about any of my cards that I didn't explain, just send me an email and I will be sure to answer them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy

4 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! This is amazing! You sooo made me shiver! This is stunning. Did I mention that I love it? BEAUTIFUL!

Theresa Momber said...

Cathy, you are amazing me with your incredible talent! Thank you for showing off my set so well!

Lori said...

Touching! Your card is just beautiful.

the PaperTemptress said...

OMG, that actually took my breath away!! AMAZING! Send me instructions Please!! patricia@papertemptress.com

Patricia
www.papertemptress.com
Check out PaperTemptress's blog
and May's specials!
www.blogs.papertemptress.com

"A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH PAPER" - Lisa Bearnson