Sunday, May 3, 2009

StampTV Challenge card

Okay, are you tired of seeing horses yet? I have this pretty Paint I did for a challenge card and one more that I am still creating but I think if it turns out the way I plan it will be my favorite.

Cindy Lawrence is hostess of the Color Challenge at StampTV this week and the challenge is to use black, white, and one other color. My colors are black, white, and brown.

The only new set that I bought at the last GinaK Designs release party was Theresa's Out West but that is not the only reason that I am using the heck out of it, I love it! I have one more horse card to make today but depending on what I get accompished today it may be late tonight or possibly even tomorrow.

In case some of you wonder why I am so enthralled with authentic horse images. My kids showed horses in 4H for years and we spent many week-ends at horse shows. They didn't get horses we bought from trainers that already knew everything and the kids just had to sit on their backs, my kids got cheap, broke, but untrained horses and they trained them and all of them loved it and did wonderfully winning more ribbons and trophies than I can house.

In 1990 I decided that I was tired of having all of our spare money going to other trainers for our thoroughbred race horses so I studied and took the Kansas Racing Licence Trainers Test. I passed and was able to train my own horses at the track. I was licensed to race in Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska I trained race horses for 10 years and still have 5 of my old runners at the farm and they will have a home there as long as they live. We are expecting a new arrival any day and I will post a pic when he/she arrives.

I have always wanted a Paint horse, but it never happened, so I just colored one up instead.

At any rate, I got to do some challenges this week-end and that always makes me happy. Now if I could just win one more new GinaK set I would be very happy, I'll be happy anyway, you will just see more Out West projects :)

See you later.

Cathy

1 comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! Cathy, this is even more gorgeous than the last! I love how you are showing the different ways to color the horse!