Sunday, February 22, 2009

Digi Paper from GinaK Designs--Pretty Cool!

GinaK Designs has some new Digital Paper that you can download to your computer. Pretty awesome stuff. There are 4 different patterns that you can download for free right now. Free is definintely in my budget right now :)

StampTV by GinaK Designs has their own website where members can show their GinaK projects in their own gallery and there are challenges and lots of information discussions. Check it out and become a member today.

I created the card above using the digital designer paper Neopolitan. Melanie Muenchinger, Senior Design Team for GinaK Designs, showed how she layered the digital paper using Photo Shop. I don't have Photo Shop and I haven't quite figured out my Gimp software yet. My thought is that double sided paper is a lot more expensive than single sided designer paper so I printed one sheet of cardstock with the striped pattern on one side and the small pink and brown flowers on the other. I used the pink side for the front and folded the corners down to show the striped side. I sponged around the main image with Brushed Corduroy Distressed Ink.

I stamped 3 roses, from A Year of Flowers, created by Melanie Muenchinger and sold at GinaK Designs, into a bouquet by masking where they would overlap so that there wouldn't be any extra lines. I masked again and stamped the leaves. I colored the roses to match the pink stripe in the paper.

I think that it turned out pretty cool. I only added the buttons in the folded down corners and I really like the way it turned out.



I also created another card using the scraps of double-sided designer paper that I had left from my Rose card. Take a second look, it isn't the rose, there are other flowers in the set I just seem to always choose the rose.

My Michael's had these new EK punches today. I was going to buy the Martha Stewart one that is very similiar but the sawtooth points are larger. I liked that this design was smaller so I got it. I punched along one side of two different pieces of cs (card stock) and my original thought was to bump them together. When I was laying them out they separated slightly at one point and I liked the look so I attached them that way.
I thought the card main image with the sheer ribbon and sponged border was more elegant looking than the background, so I added the pearls to the zig zag pattern vertically. The main image is popped up on foam mounting tape.
You may be asking yourself, why in the world would she print designer paper when she can buy them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby or the Local Scrapbook Store for less. Mostly it is the convenience of being able to print when I need it, only print the ones that I want and in the size that I want, I don't have to buy a pack with 10 different patterns that I will probably never use to get the 4 or 5 that I will use, and they coordinate. I can print a piece of paper or cardstock using the two papers that I choose and want back to back instead of having one side that I love and the other I was glad was on the back anyway.


I will be back in a little while with the Day 5 Scavenger Hunt question. The Scavenger Hunt has been so much fun and I want to shout out a special thank you to Nancy Torfini, owner of Dog Gone Stamps, who offered the stamps that made this blog candy possible.

See you in a little bit.

Cathy

5 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Your lillies are really beautiful

Lynn

Heather said...

WOW!!! Both of these cards are absolutely incredible! GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards turned out beautiful!

lisa808 said...

Absolutely stunning cards. I downloaded the digi papers too, but haven't played with them yet (I was making Christmas cards all weekend!).

Melanie said...

wowee, I hadn't sen that second one!! gorgeous!