Monday, February 2, 2009

You're a Keeper-I finally got one done!

Hi everybody,

Hope you had a good week-end. I finally broke down and cleaned my house (not the usual day to day stuff, ceiling fans and cleaning carpets) and still had time to have my SIL and her husband over for dinner last night and had 2 grandson's 8 and 4 over for a long overdue sleep-over and still had time to create. Doesn't get much better than that!


I have been working on these images, from the Keeper stamp plate from Artistic Outpost, for a couple of days, you know I prefer to color over actually creating the cards ha ha

Here is the Keeper card that I have been working on:






This is a very long narrow card measuring 5 inches wide and 11 inches long. I colored all of the images with copic markers. I bought a new frame Quikutz die and have been playing with it. I used it for the fish trophy plaque I used as the center image.

I sponged Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distressed ink on all of the edges. I cut each fish out and mounted them on pop dots to make them look mounted. The You're a keeper stamp was the perfect size for the plaque. I also cut out one of the fishing lures after I colored it. I also mounted that with a pop dot. I am debating on whether to raid my husband's fishing tackle box for some "real" fishing hardware but will decide tomorrow.

I one off stamped the fish and fish hook onto the striped background designer paper for another bit of detail but I really didn't want it noticeable. I used Tim Holtz Antique Photo which I thought was still too dark so I inked the stamp and stamped it once on a piece of scrap card stock and then onto my designer paper so you can see it but it doesn't jump out at you. I think you can see what I mean in the close up pictures below.

I have taken photos of each image so that you can get a closer view of what each details are.



The first image was basically just colored with copic markers and finished with the fishing fly. The center image is the fish plaque that i popped the fish up on pop dots but you can't tell from the picture. The beach cottage looks so peaceful that it makes me wish I was back saililng on the inner coastal waterways of North Carolina.

I think this would make a great start for a fishing vacation scrapbook page, a birthday card for my son who lives on a lake in Oklahoma or a Father's Day card, so many possibilities. Another reason that I love the Artistic Outpost stamp plates, I can always think of so many different ways to use all of the stamps that come in each plate.

I have another great image from this stamp plate that I will show you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good week.

Cathy

1 comment:

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

lovely coloring everything about this is PERFECT!!!