Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Serenity Simple Collage

I decided to create a peaceful and Serene simple collage card tonight. I wanted to use the birds, from the Bluebird plate, on the telephone wire which I airbrushed with my copic airbrush system. I also airbrushed the main Serenity image just so that it had some color but not much detail. I know that is different for me, but it is actually one of my favorite techniques.
I wanted to use the large Serenity sentiment that is included in the plate but I just couldn't fit it on the page with the other two images, so I cut each line into strips and mounted them at different angles.
I distressed the edges of the two colored images and the light kraft cs for texture and added 3 prima flowers with button centers.
I really like the basic simplicity of it, but yet it really doesn't look that simple.

I am off to clean up my stamp room and go to bed.
See you later, Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Cathy!

Anonymous said...

I love this. What a fabulous sentiment and I love the collage look. Thanks for sharing!


Tonya

Lynn Stevens said...

Love how you combined the images from both plates to complete this ,its beautiful and goes togeher so well. bravo...

Heather said...

WOW! This is just absolutely stunning! Everything fits together just perfect! Great card!