Monday, February 16, 2009

Thanks Tiger!

I decided that it had been way too long since I got out my Vintage Circus stamp plate from Artistic Outpost and I wanted to make a simpler card with just the tiger image from the collage stamp. I really like the way it turned out. I LOVE coloring this image.
I had stamped the image onto a Top Note Die from SU and sponged around the edges with Tim Holtz distress inks weathered wood and Vintage Photo.
I made the background dp by stamping the man and cub stamp, circus ticket and word greatest all over the white card base in Vintage Photo distress ink. I then sponged the corners with weathered wood and sponged over that to include the edges with vintage photo.
I used a cuttlebug die for the Thanks which I colored with a copic marker and because it was still too bright I over sponged it with weathered wood and vintage photo as well.
I added the brown checked ribbon and adhered the Thanks to the left side. I added 3 dew drops in blue on either side of Thanks. The final step was to add three small flowers with dew drop centers in the upper right hand corner.

I am anxiously awaiting my stamps from Dog Gone Stamps so that I know what my blog candy will be for my Scavenger Hunt that will begin on Thursday evening, right here. As soon as I get the stamps I will package up my 5 prize bundles and you will be able to see them here.

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow.

Cathy

2 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

This is beautiful, the tiger really looks like he's comin through the paper! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this. It is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.


Tonya