Friday, February 27, 2009

I got my Prize Package Today from GinaK What's in the Box?

I was so excited to get my What's in the Box prize package from GinaK Designs today. Man the kit is chocked full with two stamp sets, designer paper, matt paper, cardstock,and embellishments(ribbons, brads, flowers. I couldn't wait to get the stamps cut out and make this card:




I knew that this was probably going to be one of my favorite flowers in the set because it has so many possibilities for coloring with copics.


This card was for the Color Challenge that Cindy Lawrence is hosting this week. The colors you were to use were: Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal, and Pumpkin Pie. These are Stampin Up colors in case you weren't familiar with the names. I had all three as they are some of my favorite colors to use.


I used the apricot Appeal for the main base cs and stamped in More Mustard with the crackle background stamp included with the kit as well. I know I am going to use the heck out of this stamp because I love the illusion of aged paper.


I mounted the colored image on Pumpkin Pie cs and mounted that on Always Artichoke and mounted that on white for that burst of contrast and to carry on the border effect on the card base.


I love everything abot this card except the ribbon presentation. I tried about 3 different things and finally left it at this. I know that I will change it but it will have to be tomorrow. Maybe it looks okay, but I don't want it to look just okay, because other than that I really like the way it turned out.


Well, I need to wrap this up. Big Thank you to GinaK Designs for this wonderful prize!


Cathy


4 comments:

Lauri said...

What a great prize box!! Wow! I probably would have just sat and looked at it for hours!!!! haha! I think your card is just perfect...ribon looks great! I like the way you used it!

Lynn Stevens said...

You Lucky Ducky. It sounds like you have a lot of new goodies to play with. Your card is STUNNING.As usual. I know you will get alot of use out of them! I've decided to give you a new nickname.CQ (stands for Copic Queen) :) Your coloring just amazes me!! Keep it up.
Hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! I love the warmth of the colors! Congrats on the prize!

Anonymous said...

This turned out gorgeous. I love these colors. You really made that image pop! Love it!

Congrats on receiving your fabulous goodie package. :)


Tonya