Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cute gift card photo tin


Hi everybody:

Above is a project that was always a favorite in my classes. I love to create these little altered gift card tins into photo brag tins. Here is a project I did last night:


The picture above shows the completed elements of the photo tin. The picture (of my handsome grandson Austin, now and at 2 and his baby sister Bailey at 1wk) show the approximate size of the tin insert.

The picture below shows how the photo pages fold accordian style into the tin with the pull tab of ribbon so you can pull them out easily to show off your photos.


To complete this project you need a gift card tin. I purchased this gift card tin at Michaels for 99 cents at their check-out. I cut a piece of designer paper to cover the top, use your corner rounder punch on the corners, and adhered it with my double sided tape runner. I then added the ribbon all the way around the lid so you didn't see the green checked tin. I adhered the ribbon with ribbon tape from SU.

I added my main image was stamped on a Quikutz label die cut from beige cardstock and stamped with one of my favorite sentiments from Botanical Dreams which you can buy at GinaK Designs. The flowers were some primas I had bought at a LSS. I layered two flowers and added a button. I finished the front with a piece of the same brown grosgrain ribbon with white stitching, I had purchased at Michaels a long time ago, tied on a knot bow and the Tin front was complete.

To create the photo inserts I cut 6 pieces of GP white card stock just a tiny bit smaller than the gift card tin bottom. I rounded the corners again with my corner rounder. Tape the ribbon tab on by folding over the ribbon length to make the tab, add a one and a half inch piece of tape to the bottom center vertically. Leave about 3/8 inch between the pages so that when you add the photos it has room to fold properly. Add a piece of ribbon joining the bottom of page two and the top of page three. You don't need a ribbon on the bottom of page 3 since it is the bottom. I then adhered my 3 remaining pages on top of my pages I had adhered the ribbon to. Now you have a the 3 pages with ribbon that look like this:


You can sponge around the edges or add designer paper under the pictures. I like to make inspirational gift tins and use some of my favorite inspirational stamps on the inside.

I am sure that a picture tutorial would be better but I was a little short on time and wanted to let you see this cute project. If anyone has any questions be sure to ask. I didn't not give specific sizes as all of the gift tins you can buy are a little bit different size and depth but the basic method is the same.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment if you would like to see more projects like this.

Bye for now.

Cathy






2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Great gift idea. Who ever receives it will cherish it forever

Debby said...

Cathy I so admire your art and it means a lot to me that you commented on my frame. Thank you so much. And this photo tin is brillian! I need to do this :-)