Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sending My Love-Valentine Challenge

Boy, you would think that I would learn that you can't photograph glittery images late at night. I must have taken 10 pictures before I got one that the poor dog didn't look like a zombie dog. Oh, well, I have to keep my day job so I do the best I can.

This card is for the Valentine Challenge on The Greeting Farm. The challenge is to make a Valentine Card. The challenge ends Saturday and the winner, chosen by Marie who is the company owner, will receive 30.00 dollars to use in TGF store. We can enter a maximum of 3 times. We were to write a poem to accompany the photo and mine was:


Sending this letter from so far away

To the one I think of every day

I miss you the most when the day is done

I'm sending this post so you know you're the ONE!


I will try to complete at least one more card but Saturday is coming very quickly.


About this card, I had bought this cute tiny heart flower paper specifically to do valentine cards this year. I bought it at Michaels, on sale of course. I colored the Dorothy Any digi stamp in red to be more valentine colors. I drew a letter with a heart stamp and cut it out and mounted it on a dimensional in Anya's hands. I added two red heart brads to her braids. I just can't seem to leave her braids un accessorized :)

I added heart brads to the corners, added a red polka dot piece of designer paper under the main image that I had mounted on SU Red Riding Hood cardstock. I tied the white grosgrain ribbon with red hearts on and my card was complete. The final step that caused my camera problems was the stickles on the brads and glitter glue pen for a twinkle in the eyes of Anya and Toto.

My stamps for the DogGoneStamps DT have gone MIA. Poor Nancy is sending me another set but I have been so bummed that they haven't arrived. It's a good thing for the mail person that I work days because I would be stalking them daily. I know that I probably won't see them until next Monday, she says with a big pouty face.

Sorry I didn't post last night but I decided that it was high time that I organized my stamp room again. I had stacks and stacks of stuff. I knew where everything was but I was afraid that it might topple in the middle of the night and I would be buried and it would take me all might to dig out. It wasn't really quite that bad but I did need to put everything back where it belongs so that my stamping goes smoother and faster.

Be sure to stop back on Saturday when I will have my first sneak peak for a new stamp for InStyle Stamps. I will post a card sneak peak on Saturday and on Monday another sneak Peak will be on the InStyle Stamps blog.

Okay, that is enough news and stuff for tonight. Thanks for stopping by and staying through the whole ramblings.

Good Night,

Cathy

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

This is so Cute , I wish you the best of Luck with the contest ,your poem is adorable
Lynn