Thursday, February 26, 2009

I came I SAW I conquered!

I would let this handsome guy build me something anyday. I had to have Construction Pup from Dog Gone Stamps because my husband's grandfather was a carpenter all his life and my son is a framer. Besides how can you resist a man with a tool belt :O
I colored with copic markers and can you believe it I didn't sponge again, what's up with that. I used my new EK border punch for the saw blade teeth, I know they are a little big, that is why we have imaginations. I made the handle out of a scrap of textured brown cs. I colored the saw to look like well cared for metal (not like the saws in the garage mind you) I used some phillips head brads to look industrial.
I want to put a sentiment inside the card but I need your help with some ideas. I thought about :

1. Ta Da!
2. Look Ma I did it myself
3. I saw you again last night.....
4. Get hammered by the Best (don't laugh there is a local construction co. who has a billboard with that slogan)
5. You nailed it!
6. I saw you in.....


Any cute ideas anyone?

I need to get to bed. See you tomorrow.

Cathy

8 comments:

Lauri said...

I like "You Nailed it!" What a great congratulations card for someone! I have that pup too...he is sitting here all colored with no card to call home!! Great job! I love the saw!

Heather said...

This is SOOOOO cute! OMG, the saw, the screws...PERFECT!!

Megan said...

I think he is so cute. My DH likes to do construction, so this reminds me a little of him.

Great ideas for sentiments--any of them would work.

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! Love the image and the saw.

You already have some great sentiments. I had to laugh at "Get hammered by the Best"
The only other ones I can think of are:
"I fell in love the minute I SAW you!"
"SAW happy for you"

I am not very good at this. lol

Tonya

Jana M. said...

Love this card, Cathy!!

Toni said...

OH wow this is such an awesome card

Toni

hayleycreates said...

Love that it's a masculine card, nice change. Very cute!

Deb M. said...

Cute, cute card!! Love it!!

TFS...