Friday, February 13, 2009

Hoop it Up!



I'll bet you thought I was talking about basketball. Nope, I am talking about the cutest little hula hoop girl you have ever seen. She is from Dog Gone Stamps and she would be perfect for any little girl's Birthday or just because card.
I colored the main image with copic markers and them I stamped in some grass and flowers to help ground her and because I wasn't going to add much else to the card with the background paper I wanted to use. I used the flowers and grass from Our Craft Lounge Dr. Pea_Nut stamp set. I used the same larger flower to add flowers to the shirt.
I used my copic airbrush to color in the grassy area and the sky. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the GinaK Designs set Owl Always Love You.
I thought that the background paper, which I got in the dollar bins at Target, was so perfect for a little girl Birthday Card with Giggle, Fun and all the cute sayings on it. I tied a piece of looped satin ribbon in coral around the brown and coral panel which sits horizontal under the main image.
I have another cute birthday card that I am finishing for the Dog Gone Stamps weekly sketch challenge, you should come and join us, Jana creates some really fun sketch challenges each Friday.
OH, oh,oh, I about forgot to mention that Nancy, the wonderful owner of Dog Gone Stamps, has given each design team member 5 stamps for us to give away on our blog. I know that a lot of people visit my blog every day(because I have a counter :) ) so you need to start leaving comments so that I can choose one lucky winner. I am going to have a lot of things in my prize package but I am going to wait until I see which fabulous stamps Nancy sends me. My other thought is to have a scavenger hunt of sorts and I will ask a question that you will have to find on Dog Gone Stamps and the first person to leave a comment with the correct answer will win. If I do the scavenger hunt I will have five different questions and divide the stamps up into 5 different prize packages and there will be 5 different winners. So do ya wanna play? I am shooting for next Thursday or Friday February 19th or 20th to start.
Okay, enough babbling for tonight, gotta go finish my other card. I want to work on some Artistic Outpost projects this week-end too.
Nite,
Cathy

3 comments:

Jean said...

Cathy, I really need to ink her up. I haven't used her yet and your great card has inspired me!

Jeanette said...

Perfect background paper for this little hula hoop girl.

Debby said...

Love your hoop girl. Love the doggone stamps too!